Sunday 4 July 2010

Happy Birthday to Me.... now how can i escape the football....

I had a birthday Saturday 26th June – same thing happens every year. Yet again the attention was to be on the football and then I saw FREE 2 day coaching workshop. I had no doubt it would have some sales pitch attached to it but it could be an opportunity to pick up some useful skills, avoid the football while Gary was punished by it and most importantly benefited from an air-conditioned conference room.

My MS is always badly affected by the heat, I explain to my daughter with her baby. I share that liked baby Jessica my body is not good at managing hot temperatures. Today has been a completely non-productive day because I am so exhausted. The temperature is 19 degrees centigrade. I am struggling to find words but with the help or Microsoft word and dictionary.com I am able to get some molecules of work from my overheated body.

It was a nostalgic trip for me. I used to work in Recent Street and the journey was the same of course most of the shops have changed in 20 years but the sweet that keep me supplied in Ribena is still there looks like it has not been touched in the past 20 years

It was a useful workshop about coaching techniques an i was given a certificate to say i did the two day course, before i got the certificate i had two sit through two hours of presentations telling me why i should do the full certificated course. I did gain some insight of what i want to be when I was coached by other attendee and whilst I was a coaching them. To be able help we need to be able to listen, ask Lots of questions to discover what is important and not assume. When we coach we must not to give advice but help them find their own answers. I feel that is an excellent beginning point but people need mentoring and guidance as well. This weekend as well as saving me from the football and providing air condition on a really hot helped me find the direction I want to go towards.


Photobucket



I when I filed the certificate for the two day course I saw all the other certificates I have been rewarded and reflect on the skills set I have attained up to now. So I am going to become a yoga and life coach plus mentor.

My simple birthday epiphany was to take stock and begin again. Stop playing catch. See where I am and what must be done. That ranges from looking after the baby, preparing for the people coming to give me a walk in shower (stepping into baths – well I just can’t, and mum’s shower has a step and no support rails, so really an essential job but then I also have my tt8 homework. Following my last class plan I now have to prepaid for an hour class plan – and present it at the next tt8 intensive week. I had better prepaid so that I can get rid of the Panic!

I have left messages on for Montel Williams Facebook pages, the American host who has been diagnosed with MS and promotes looking for a cure. I may be mistaken but I hear him talk about vitamins, the classic marijuana and think he may not be away the benefits of yoga for MS. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3qDsOojG7U

I was intending to put a workshop with some of my yoga teacher friends following some useful insight provided. More than a journal is needed to help my fellow suffers with MS see how they may from yoga class designed taking into account their personal circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment