Monday 15 March 2010

My idea.... My vision...


I am training and will be a yoga teacher but i have a dream, a vision, an idea.

Photobucket

My idea!




It is simple really so has it not happened yet?

I travel from Croydon, Surrey to Kensal Rise NW11 and attend a yoga centre. It is more than a yoga centre but a community that also offers other complimentary therapies, healing, reiki and a wonderful feeling of safety in the community. It was two years ago and it felt so homely. It was far from home.

Fiona’s workshop where some of my friends were invited to be volunteer for a free yoga session proved to me there was a need. I had 16 names but was let down by transport at the immediately prior to event. Five people with MS still managed to attend the event and feedback proved to me that it needs to more available to these people. Matt advised me that after 5 years of constant pain and sleepless nights he had a pain free peaceful night of good sleep. That was after just one yoga class.
I have discovered there is a MS therapy centre based in Coulson which seems to offer some of the things that I would love to be available in Croydon. I have an appointment to visit on 31st March to see what it can offer me and what ideas I can use for one based in Croydon.

I am attending a workshop laid on by Croydon council to help people with ideas turn them into via ones.

I would to be able to use http://www.nhs.uk/Change4life/Pages/Default.aspx. I have signed onto the scheme and researched what facilities are available locally. There are facilities but not many in central Croydon and most have costs would act as barrier to those most in need.

I feel this promotion for get the Croydon healthier, a little bit a time. Health = exercise (in my case yoga), proper diet and happiness (mental health) I love to be able to instigate a bubble so that can happen for the young, disabled and mature – those alive in Croydon – a bit of peace and comfort.

Jamin is working with me to promote this idea, and we both agreed it needs more structure and planning. At the moment it is just wild sparks of excitement with culminate in a centre based in the heart of the Croydon community. It would be completely accessible to the disabled but also appeal to the younger generation and it link with the fit for life, perhaps a small community that offers a vegetarian restaurant, child care facilities, people of mind (perhaps with police frequenting for chats and people of mind to the more venerable in the community. Perhaps also one of the express “supermarkets” available for those to frequent the community to easily get hold of essentials. It would be a very safe bubble in Croydon.

I contemplated getting support from the community, local businesses and entrepreneurs like Richard Branson or perhaps one of Croydon’s more famous citizens.



My vision



Photobucket



I have an idea. A dream I just need to work out how to make it happen!







Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment