Tuesday 22 December 2009

WOW here comes 2010......

For now I am going to enjoy the rest of the noughties and the festivities it includes, but as for next year....










.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
om

saha navavatu
May we be protected together
saha nau bhunaktu
May we be nourished togetherAlign Left
saha viryam karavavahai
May we work together with great vigour
tejasvi navadhitamastu
May our studies be enlightening
ma vidvisavahai
May there be no disharmony between us

om santih santih santih





In a message dated 15/12/2009 16:35:25 GMT Standard Time, writes:
Andrea and Simon,

I am really looking for the opportunity to develop all aspects in my life and grow into a good teacher and friend to all my fellow students. The intensive workshop revealed some aspects of my personality and attitude I could improve upon and grow. This course will help me to grow and develop myself in addition to gaining the necessary skills and knowledge to become the best yoga teacher that I am capable of being.

Ashley has started TT8 google group and am currently am trying to familiarise with the protocol that the group, there we will share to which will adhere. I am in the process of organising my course reading via the library and with the help of Christmas gifts that others have promised to me.

I hope to have a proper routine and structure in place for after this Christmas season and will be able to manage the intensive work load that lies ahead in addition to the normal obstacles and gifts that lighten life!

Finally and importantly please enjoy the last of the noughties and all the festivities it includes!

Love Karen Mascoll x

------------------------------------------------------------------



2009/12/17
Dear Karen

Thank you so much for writing - your positive spirit shines through in every line and we wish you well in your studies. Make sure to remember to look after yourself and allow time for an extra breath here & there!!

Wishing you and your family a peaceful & joyful Christmas

With love

Andrea & Simon

xx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


www.theyogaacademy.org/


Reflection, planning and preparations since TT8 workshop 1:

I have reflected on my first yoga workshop, books allocated, the different layers involved in this course and have prepared myself for a great deal of personal reflection and hopefully personal development both spiritually and within my yoga practice. Reviewed all my resources that include Yoga Academy Teacher Training Manual and emails received from Andrea/Simon, google group set up by TT8 - http://groups.google.com/group/yoga-academy-tt8 and the Facebook group for the Yoga Academy and to utilise the internet generally. There are almost limitless amount of course reading material. The email sent by Andrea provides details of homework expected to be completed by the next workshop and provides an indication of which course books would be more relevant at this time. I have purchased two books not on the course list but related specifically to Yoga and Multiple Sclerosis which is very relevant for my long term goals. I now am very aware that my teacher training involves more than simply teaching skills, lesson plans and anatomy knowledge and various teaching styles. It involves a great deal of reading and analysis of course reading list and to understand the philosophy of yoga – 8 Limbs of Yoga. Learning the Sanskrit word for each yoga pose or asana and also how to pronounce them and represent them in stick person format. To understand the significant role that Chanting, Meditation and relaxation within a yoga practice...

The list is growing, and I actually am genuinely excited about all the work I have to do and the personal growth I will be making as I progress in my studies and yoga practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment